Botanical Name: Cananga odorata
Extraction Method: Steam Distillation
Plant Part: Flowers
Aroma: Sweet, floral, slightly fruity with gentle tropical undertones
Color: Pail yellow to deep orange
Description: Native to tropical Asia though cultivated in tropical regions worldwide. The Cananga (Ylang Ylang) tree is a fast grower with wide branches, large green leaves and wonderfully fragrant flowers. Its size and shape vary by geographical regions.
Blends Well With: Bergamot, Grapefuit, Lavender, Sandalwood, Sage, Patchouli, Rose, Lemon, Vertiver
History: Originating from the Cananga tree, the flowers of the tree were historically used for their sweet aroma. It was tgraditionally used to help ease skin diseases, fight infections, and was considered by some to be an aphrodesiac. From cosmetic preparations, to perfuming the bed of newlyweds, Ylang Ylang made its way to western society. You can find hints of its aroma in perfumes (like Chanel no. 5), and in other cosmetics.
Use Safely: Generally safe to use. Simply follow instructions to dilute. The International Federation of Aromatherapists does not recommend that Essential Oils be taken internally unless under the supervision of a Medical Doctor who is also qualified in clinical Aromatherapy.
Euro Dropper Cap: included for your convenience included for your convenience
- Diffuse to help ease stress and racing thoughts
- Help moisturize skin with a few drops of Ylang Ylang and 1-2 ounces of a carrier oil
- Add one drop to a full bath for a relaxing soak
- Use in massage creams to reduce tension and inflammation
Anti-inflammatory, Analgesic, Hypotensive, Tonic, Antidepressant
Dry Hair Conditioner
- 1 ripe Avocado, mashed
- 2 tablespoons Sour Cream or Plain Yogurt
- ½ teaspoon Castor Oil
- 2 drops Ylang Ylang Extra oil
- Stir all ingredients together until you have a smooth paste; either with a fork or a blender.
- Apply entire mixture to your hair or scalp.
- Wrap hair with a warm towel or cover with a shower cap and leave treatment in for 20 minutes.
- Rinse well with warm water, then shampoo as usual.
- This is great for super dry or damaged hair.
- 2 drops of Ylang Ylang essential oil
- 3 drops Lavender essential oil
- 1 ounce carrier oil
- Mix oils together
- Add oils to warm bath and mix all the ingredients well.
- Soak for a minimum of 10 mins, relaxing and inhaling the scent.
- This recipe is known for offering relaxing sleep.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.