Botanical Name: Gaultheria procumbens
Extraction Method: Steam Distillation
Plant Part: Leaf
Aroma: Sweet and minty scent similar to Wintergreen gum
Color: Pinkish to reddish
Description: Growing up to 1/2 foot tall, this evergreen with leathery leaves and slender creeping stems, has beautiful white flowers that are followed by fleshy red berries.
Blends Well With: Ylang-ylang, Peppermint, Marjoram, Lavender, Birch Sweet and Vanilla
History: In the past, people tried to intake wintergreen to serve as diuretic, to balance hormones and mucuous discharges. Later on, due to its toxity it was no longer used internally for medical purposes.
Use Safely: Generally safe to use. Simply follow instructions to dilute. The International Federation of Aromatherapists does not recommend that Essential Oils be taken internally unless under the supervision of a Medical Doctor who is also qualified in clinical Aromatherapy.
Safety: Dilute to no more than 2.4% when using topically. Avoid use if pregnant or breastfeeding.
STORAGE LIFE: Up to four (4) years
Euro Dropper Cap: included for your convenience
- Used as a fragrance for perfumes
- Diluted wintergreen essential oil can be diffused to a vaporizer for arometherapy.
- It is well known to relieve tense muscles.
- Diffuse to relieve stress, anxiety and for a calming effect.
- Few drops of wintergreen essential oil to warm bath for a soothing effect.
Analgesic, Anti-inflammatory, Antitussive, Astringent, Diuretic
Saint Patty's Soap
- 2 cups Melt and Pour Soap Base
- 1 bag Spearmint tea
- 5-6 drops Green Soap Coloring
- 1 teaspoon Wintergreen oil
- 1 teaspoon Jojoba
- Melt the soap base in a double boiler.
- While heating, open bag of tea and grind the leaves with a mortar and pestle.
- Add leaves to soap base and stir.
- Pour base into a 4 cup, glass bowl or measuring cup.
- Stir well while adding color, Jojoba, and Wintergreen oil.
- When mixed in, pour into shamrock shaped molds and allow to cool.
- When cool, remove from mold and allow to dry for 24 hours.
- It’s great to use on sore muscles.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.