Botanical Name: Vetiveria Zizanoides
Extraction Method: Steam Distilled
Plant Part: Root
Aroma: Smokey, woody, herbaceous, earthly and slightly woody
Color: Golden/Dark Brown
Description: Often found near riverbanks and plains, Vetiver has been grown in India since ancient times. It grows up to 2 meters tall with thin green leaves and purple-grey flowers.
Blends Well With: Sandalwood, Geranium, Patchouli, Grapefruit, lavender, ylang-ylang and jasmine.
History: Vetiver has been used for its calming properties since ancient times. In India the plant was used to make screens, baskets, and fans. The oil was used in the ancient East to prevent pests and in perfumery. Now it is mainly used in soaps and cosmetics, and also as a preservative for some foods.
Use Safely: Generally safe to use. Simply follow instructions to dilute. The International Federation of Aromatherapists does not recommend that Essential Oils be taken internally unless under the supervision of a Medical Doctor who is also qualified in clinical Aromatherapy.
Safety: Safe, non-toxic, dermal maximum 15% due to isouegenol (based on 1.3% isoeugenol content)
STORAGE LIFE: Up to siv (6) years
Euro Dropper Cap: included for your convenience included for your convenience
- Use it in anti-anxiety blends to help calm nerves and soothe stress away
- Diffuse in the office to help boost immune system and create a calm environment
- Add a few drops into some coconut oil to help soothe inflammed skin or ance
- Use in wound-healing blends
- Make a pillow mist with Veitver and Lavender to promote sleep
- Use a drop on wrists as a personal fragrance
- Add a few drops of Vetiver to ecezma blends
Cooling, Anti-inflammatory, Stimulates Immune System, Skin Healing, Anti-fungal
Stress Relief Bedtime Bath Blend
- 3 oz Grapeseed carrier oil
- 3 drops Lavender essential oil
- 2 drops Vetiver essential oil
- 3 drops Sweet Orange essential oil
- Mix all the ingredients together
- Use in a warm bath to relieve stress before bedtime
Grounding Mist Spray
- 10 drops Cinnamon Bark
- 10 drops Nutmeg
- 10 drops Clove Bud
- 30 drops German Chamomile
- 30 drops Red Mandarin
- 25 drops Vetiver
- 4 ounces pure water
- Mix ingredients in a 4 ounce fine mist spray bottle.
- Shake well before every use.
- Mist room liberally when needed.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.