Botanical Name: Mentha Piperita
Extraction Method: Steam Distillation
Plant Part: Herb
Aroma: Sharp, penetrating scent based on its high menthol content; a minty sweetness
Color: Colorless to pale yellow
Description: Peppermint is easy to grow and reaches a height of about 3 ft. The roots spread quickly allowing the plant spread quickly too. It yields purple flowers on soft firm stems. The green leaves are steam distilled to get the natural essential oil.
Blends Well With: Basil, Bergamot, Cajeput, Cedarwood, Eucalyptus, Lemon, Lime, Mandarin, Marjoram, Niaouli, Pine, Rosemary, Spearmint and Thyme
History: Cultivated since ancient times in Japan and China, it has been used for a variety of treatments from sore throats, headaches, toothaches, to nausea, cramps, and diarrhea.
Use Safely: Generally safe to use. Simply follow instructions to dilute. The International Federation of Aromatherapists does not recommend that Essential Oils be taken internally unless under the supervision of a Medical Doctor who is also qualified in clinical Aromatherapy.
Safety: Do not use with children under 5
STORAGE LIFE: Up to four (4) years
Euro Dropper Cap: included for your convenience
Useful in conditions associated with asthma, headache, scabies, flu, nausea, vertigo and sinusitis. You can achieve respiratory relief when inhaled through a diffuser. Please see our ‘RECIPES’ below for more uses of this essential oil.
Analgesic, anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant, antiphlogistic, antiseptic, antiviral, astringent, cephalic, cordial, emmenagogue, expectorant, sudorific, and vascoconstrictor.
Homemade Body Scrub with Sugar & Sea Salt
- 1/2 cup coarse sugar or date sugar
- 1/4 cup sea salt
- 2 tablespoons local honey
- 1 teaspoon Jojoba carrier oil
- 1/8 cup of shea butter
- 2 tablespoons Coconut oil
- 5–10 drops Peppermint essential oil
- Place the sugar and sea salt into a small ceramic or glass bowl and blend well with a spoon.
- Next, add Coconut oil, honey and shea butter. Blend well.
- Work in the Jojoba carrier oil.
- Once that is all well blended, add the drops of Peppermint essential oil and blend one last time.
- Next, transfer to a small glass jar with a lid and label it. You can store it in the fridge to help preserve it.
- To bring out that glowing skin, exfoliate the skin. While in the shower, simply apply a small amount with your fingertips or washcloth to the skin one section at a time. Gently massage in a circular motion, for about 10–15 seconds starting at the feet, then the hands, working towards the heart making sure to cover your entire body.
- Rinse and pat dry or air dry so that you do not remove all of the moisturizing benefits.
Holiday Candy Diffuser Blend
- 2 drops Wintergreen essential oil
- 2 drops Peppermint essential oil
- 2 drops Cinnamon essential oil
- 1 drop Orange essential oil
- Drop essential oils in diffuser
- Diffuse in an open room for 30 minutes
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.