Used mainly as a spice, ancient cultures used Clove to treat a variety of ailments. Chinese medicine used Clove to combat bad breath, hernias, and bronchitis; others used it to relieve toothaches, aid digestion, alleviate childbirth pain, and eliminate intestinal parasites and athlete’s foot.
- Warms mind and body
- Improves focus
- Promotes confidence
- Helps fight seasonal illnesses
- Botanical Name: Syzygium aromaticum
- Origin: Indonesia
- Extraction Method: Steam distillation
- Plant Part: Buds
- Plant Description: Clove belongs to plants in the pea family (Fabaceae). Their species are generally small and usually have leaves with three leaflets. Clove can grow 8 to 12 inches.
- Aroma: Spicy floral scent resembling the smell of carnation with a light smoky odor
- Note: Middle
- Consistency: Thin
- Color: Colorless to pale yellow
- Blends Well With: Cinnamon Bark , Nutmeg, Citronella, Grapefruit, Lemon, Orange, Peppermint, Rosemary, and Rose
- Main Constituents: Eugenol: 85.95%
- Kid Safe: May be used by children 10+
- Pregnancy Safe: No
- Breastfeeding Safe: No
- Cat Safe:
- Dog Safe:
- Special Dilution Rate: Always dilute essential oils with a carrier oil when using them on the skin. Clove Essential Oil is best used at a 0.5% dilution rate when used on the skin (3-5 drops/ounce carrier oil). See our dilution guide.
- More Safety Info: This oil is skin irritating, so be sure to follow dilution instructions. Don't use this oil on sensitive or broken skin. Clove Essential Oil can be irritating to mucous membranes and cause sensitization so be cautious when using this oil. Do not use Clove Essential Oil if you are on an anticoagulant or antidepressant medications as the eugenol content of this oil may interfere with these medications. This interference is most likely if the essential oil is ingested - never ingest an essential oil unless under the guidance of a doctor versed in pharmaceuticals and aromatherapy.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Seasonal Illness Prevention
Add 5-6 drops of Clove Leaf per ounce of carrier oil or lotion. Combine with other oils such as Ravensara, Pine, Sandalwood, Lavender or Ginger when a cold is coming on. Use at a 1% dilution
- 2 ounces Jojoba Oil
- 2 drops Ginger Essential Oil
- 4 drops Frankincense Essential Oil
- 2 drops Clove Leaf Essential Oil
- 4 drops Cardamom Essential Oil
Blend essential oils in 2 oz. of Jojoba Oil. Apply to cold area 3 times a day.
Uplifting and Clearing Diffuser Blend
- 10 drops Lemon Myrtle Essential Oil
- 20 drops Grapefruit Essential Oil
- 3 drops Clove Leaf Essential Oil
- 20 drops Bergamot Essential Oil
Mix oils into a stock bottle. Add 5-10 drops to a diffuser.