Who doesn’t love a good, moisturizing, exfoliating body scrub?
There are a lot of great body scrubs out there - but most of them cost an arm and a leg! Make this one at home using only a few ingredients and give your skin the spa day it needs! Sweet almond oil works great in this as it moisturizes skin without clogging pores.
What you need:
- 1 cup sea salt or white sugar
- ½ cup sweet almond oil
- 10-15 drops of your favorite essential oil (for this recipe, I used 5 drops lavender, 5 drops geranium, and 5 drops sandalwood essential oils).
- Add one cup sugar to bowl first. This is important as it makes mixing the ingredients easier
- Add in ½ cup sweet almond oil.
- Add in essential oils of your choice.
- Mix ingredients together and scoop into container
I like to keep my scrub near the kitchen sink to moisturize and exfoliate my hands after doing dishes or other chores in the kitchen. The blend of oils I used in mine are also great for my sensitive skin, but other blends like Simply Earth’s Happy Joy, Citrus Burst, or Tranquility would also work very well for this recipe! Use this scrub after washing your hands, in the shower, or after doing chores for a quick skin refresh.