Botanical Name: Thymus vulgaris
Extraction Method: Steam Distillation
Plant Part: Herb
Aroma: Dry, sweet, herbaceous, and slightly-peppery
Description: Thyme is a typically small evergreen herb that grows up to about 12 inches only. It is from the lamiaceae family and is native to the Mediterranean Region. It is considered as one of the leading culinary herbs with healing benefits and decorative uses. Essential oil is extracted from the tiny pink flowers & leaves by steam distillation.
Blends Well With: Cardamom, and other spices; Geranium, and other florals
History: Thyme’s aborigine is Spain where it is commonly used as an ornamental plant for gardens and used as flavor in cooking. In the ancient times, it was used as a preservative for Egyptians. Greeks used it as incense.
Use Safely: Generally safe to use. Simply follow instructions to dilute. The International Federation of Aromatherapists does not recommend that Essential Oils be taken internally unless under the supervision of a Medical Doctor who is also qualified in clinical Aromatherapy.
STORAGE LIFE: Up to four (4) years
Euro Dropper Cap: included for your convenience
- It's used to treat acne, cold sores, burns, eczema and other skin related issues.
- Inhaling its aroma energizes the senses.
- It has calming properties that relaxes both mind and body.
- Used to relieve gout, wounds, bites and respiratory problems.
- It can prevent hair loss.
Anti-oxidant, Antiseptic, Bactericidal, Balsamic, Fungicidal
Herbal Lemon Diffuser Blend
- 2 drops Thyme essential oil
- 2 drops Lemon essential oil
- 1 drop Rosemary essential oil
Place essential oils in diffuser.
Diffuse in an open room.
- 2 cups hot water
- 10 drops Thyme essential oil
- ¼ cup washing soda
- Combine all ingredients in a spray bottle and shake well.
- Spray on surfaces and wipe clean with damp cloth or sponge.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.