Botanical Name: Mentha spicata
Extraction Method: Steam Distillation
Plant Part: Flowering Herb
Aroma: Characteristic minty scent that is sweeter than the minty aroma of peppermint
Note: Middle - Top
Description: Spearmint is from the minty family of herbs (Lamiaceae) that grows from about 12 to 40 inches. It loves temperate climates and can be planted in pots or containers. It has plenty of spear-shaped leaves and light purple flowers which are the source of essential oil.
Blends Well With: Basil, Birch Sweet, Bergamot, Eucalyptus, Jasmine, Lavender and Rosemary
History: The ancient Greeks used Spearmint to scent their bath water. It is a common flavoring agent in foods and scent in toiletries.
Use Safely: Generally safe to use. Simply follow instructions to dilute. The International Federation of Aromatherapists does not recommend that Essential Oils be taken internally unless under the supervision of a Medical Doctor who is also qualified in clinical Aromatherapy.
Safety: Dermal maximum 1.7%
STORAGE LIFE: Up to four (4) years
Euro Dropper Cap: included for your convenience
- Diffuse during cold and flu season
- Substitute for Peppermint essential oil when you want a lighter, less powerful scent
- Diffuse for headaches and stress
- Add to cleaning blends for antibacterial and antifungal properties
Anti-inflammatory, Antibacterial, Antifungal, CNS sedative, Immunostimulant
Summertime Diffuser Blend
Refresh and cleanse your space, and your palette with this summertime scent!
- 3 drops Grapefruit essential oil
- 3 drops Lavender essential oil
- 2 drops Lemon essential oil
- 2 drops Spearmint essential oil
- Place essential oils in diffuser
- Diffuse in an open room.
Garbage Disposal Refresher
- 2 cups baking soda
- 1 cup salt
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup liquid castile soap
- 15 drops Tangerine essential oil
- 15 drops Spearmint essential oils
- Combine baking soda and salt into bowl.
- Add castile soap and essential oils into mixture.
- Add water 1 tablespoon at a time while stirring with hands until it forms into the consistency of damp sand. It should stay together when you press it together.
- Pack mixture tightly into a small silicone mold like an icecube tray.
- Let mixture dry for 24 hours or until hard.
- Put into glass jar and use the next time you do dishes! Just place 1-2 refreshers into the garbage disposal and turn it on. You will immediately smell the refreshing and cleansing aroma.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.