Botanical Name: Commiphora myrrha
Extraction Method: Steam Distillation
Plant Part: Gum Resin
Aroma: Soft, spicy, and woody with a slightly musky note
Consistency: Medium to viscous
Color: Dark brown
Description: Though classified as a shrub, Myrrh can grow up to 30 feet in height. The trunk exudes a natural oleo resin that hardens into what is classified as reddish brown 'tears'.
Blends Well With: Frankincense, Lavender, Palmarosa, Patchouli, Rose, Rosewood, Sandalwood, Tea Tree and Thyme
History: Local collectors make incisions into the trees in order to increase the yield. Called mo yao in China, it has been used since at least 600 BC. it was used for embalming and fumigation in Ancient Egypt, and it has been used for centuries as an ingredient in incense and perfume.
Use Safely: Generally safe to use. Simply follow instructions to dilute. The International Federation of Aromatherapists does not recommend that Essential Oils be taken internally unless under the supervision of a Medical Doctor who is also qualified in clinical Aromatherapy.
Safety: Do not use while pregnant or breastfeeding
STORAGE LIFE: Up to seven (7) years
Euro Dropper Cap: included for your convenience
- It is a powerful expectorant.
- Helps skin to heal.
- Works well to help ease inflammation.
- Great for aging skin.
- Warms the area where applied.
Analgesic, astringent, decongestant, expectorant, mucolytic, healing
True Tradition Diffuser Blend
- 3 drops of Myrrh essential oil
- 3 drops of Frankincense essential oil
- 6 drops of Orange essential oil
- Place essential oils in a diffuser
- Diffuse into an open room
Chapped Skin Balm
- 20 drops Myrrh essential oil
- 10 drops Sandalwood essential oil
- 1 ounce beeswax
- 4 ounces Coconut carrier oil (or other liquid oil)
- On a double boiler, melt beeswax and Coconut oil.
- Once liquid, remove from heat
- Stir in essential oils.
- Pour into a 5 ounce container (or several smaller containers)
- Use a small amount on chapped skin. A little will go a long way!
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.