Botanical Name: Cymbopogon flexuosus
Extraction Method: Steam Distillation
Plant Part: Grass
Aroma: Fresh earthy, citrusy scent
Color: Yellow to brownish yellow
Description: It is a tall perennial plant that belongs to the Poaceae grass family. It has bright green colored grass, and its leaves are sharp.
Blends Well With: Lime, and other citrus; Geranium, and other florals
History: Traditional Indian medicine has used Lemongrass Essential Oil to treat infectious illness and fever.
Use Safely: Generally safe to use. Simply follow instructions to dilute. The International Federation of Aromatherapists does not recommend that Essential Oils be taken internally unless under the supervision of a Medical Doctor who is also qualified in clinical Aromatherapy.
Safety: Do not use with children under 2, dermal maximum of .7%,
STORAGE LIFE: Up to two (2) years
Euro Dropper Cap: included for your convenience
- Diffuse to uplift, relax and calm the mind
- Combine Lemongrass, Eucalyptus, water and witch hazel in a spray bottle to repel insects
- Inhale before eating to help stimulate appetite
- Add to a foot bath to help combat fungus
Analgesic, antidepressant, antimicrobial, antiseptic, astringent, deodorant, fungicidal, insecticide, nervine, and tonic.
Furniture Oil with Lemongrass Essential Oil: Makes: 4 fluid ounces
- 4 ounces Jojoba oil
- 32 drops Lemon essential oil
- 16 drops Lemongrass essential oil
- 24 drops Sandalwood essential oil
- 4-ounce amber bottle with label
- In bottle, combine all ingredients.
- Replace lid and shake gently until well blended.
- To use, first test a small amount in an inconspicuous area of your furniture, to make sure it won’t leave any damage. Then dispense 1 to 3 tablespoons into a clean, lint-free dusting cloth and gently wipe wood surfaces.
Christmas Spice Blend
- 4 drops of Cinnamon essential oil
- 5 drops of Clove Bud essential oil
- 3 drops of Orange essential oil
- 1 drop of Lemongrass essential oil
- Place essential oils in a diffuser
- Diffuse into an open room
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.