Botanical Name: Boswellia serrata
Extraction Method: Steam Distillation
Plant Part: Resin
Aroma: Warm and spicy, woody odour that is haunting, but milder than frankincense from Somali.
Color: Clear – Pale Yellow
Description: Its wax (used for the oil) can be obtained from Boswellia tree; it grows in Somalia.
Blends Well With: Basil, Bergamot, Cardamom, Cedarwood, Chamomile, Cinnamon Bark, Clary Sage, Coriander, Geranium, Ginger, Myrrh and Vanilla
History: Most frankincense came from western Oman. It’s an expensive kind of oil; Greeks, Egyptians, Israelites and Romans used it for their ceremonies.
Use Safely: Generally safe to use. Simply follow instructions to dilute. The International Federation of Aromatherapists does not recommend that Essential Oils be taken internally unless under the supervision of a Medical Doctor who is also qualified in clinical Aromatherapy.
STORAGE LIFE: Up to two (2) years
Euro Dropper Cap: included for your convenience
- Use in a massage cream for arthritis
- Make a night time facial cream with some coconut oil and a few drops of frankincense
- Diffuse for a tranquil atmosphere
- Inhale during meditation to increase focus and alertness
- Add to immune system support blends
Anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, astringent, cicatrisant, digestive, diuretic, emmenagogue, sedative, tonic, & vulnerary.
DIY Arthritis Ointment (Makes 5-20 uses)
- 20-30 drops Frankincense essential oil
- 10 drops Ginger essential oil
- 20-30 Myrrh essential oil
- 4oz unrefined Coconut oil
- Mix all ingredients into a bowl until well blended.
- Place into a glass jar with a lid for continued use.
- Massage the ointment in the areas where you feel pain. Use twice daily.
Homemade Lotion (Makes 4-6 oz)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp Coconut oil
- 1 tbsp beeswax
- 1 tbsp shea butter
- 10 drop Frankincense essential oil
- 10 drops Lavender essential oil
- 5 drops Peppermint essential oil
- Place the olive oil, shea butter, Coconut oil and beeswax in a glass bowl in a pan with water (or you can use a double-boiler).
- Heat the ingredients, while stirring, and melt. Continue to stir until well blended.
- Remove from heat. Add the essential oil.
- Stir again until well blended.
- Allow it to cool and check the consistency. For a thinner, creamier consistency, use a hand mixer (or electric mixer) for one or two minutes.
- Place in your favorite container.
- Apply as needed to face and body avoiding the eyes.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.