Botanical Name: Matricaria chamomilla
Extraction Method: Steam Distilled
Plant Part: Flowers
Aroma: Sweet, fruity, herbaceous
Note: Medium Middle
Color: Blue to bluish-green
Description: Chamomile plant belongs to the daisy family, growing to 90-125 cm high with very hairy leaves and tubular yellow flowers, surrounded by white ligulets.
Blends Well With: Bergamot, Clary Sage, Lavender, Geranium, Jasmine, Neroli, Patchouli, Tea Tree, Rose, Lemon and Ylang-ylang
History: The word 'chamomile' comes from ancient Greek 'Chamomaela' which means ground apple. In the ancient times of Egypt it's commonly used as a preservative for deceased bodies. In Spain it has long been used as flavoring.
Use Safely: Generally safe to use. Simply follow instructions to dilute. The International Federation of Aromatherapists does not recommend that Essential Oils be taken internally unless under the supervision of a Medical Doctor who is also qualified in clinical Aromatherapy.
STORAGE LIFE: Up to four (4) years
Euro Dropper Cap: included for your convenience included for your convenience
- Good for dry skin conditions.
- It's an effective natural anaesthetic
- A good antioxidant
- It has anti-inflammatory properties
- Gives a feeling of relaxation.
Stimulant, Antidepressant, Disinfectant, Anti-inflammatory, Sedative
DIY Baby Wipes: Serves 1 roll
- 1⅔ cups purified or distilled water
- 2 tablespoons pure aloe vera
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 8 drops Chamomile essential oil
- 8 drops Lavender essential oil
- 1 tablespoon castile soap - liquid form
- 1 tablespoon Jojoba oil
- Plastic container with a lid that you can cut a hole in or an old wipes container
- 1 roll of heavy duty/non-chlorinated paper towels
- Cut the paper towels in half and place one half in a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
- In another bowl, blend the water and aloe vera.
- Add the castile and apple cider vinegar.
- Next, add the Jojoba oil. Blend well.
- Combine the Lavender and Chamomile. Mix all ingredients well.
- Pour liquid over paper towel roll. Rotate the roll to ensure full coverage.
- Allow it to soak in. Usually 5–8 minutes.
- Place roll in large re-purposed baby wipe container.
- Use, as needed, to clean baby.
- 3 drops Bergamot essential oil
- 8 drops Chamomile Roman essential oil
- 3 drops Clary Sage essential oil
- Mix the Oils thoroughly within a dark-colored bottle.
- Add 2-3 drops of this blend to places like a pillow to help you in sleeping.
- If you prefer using a diffuser, create a blend adding Roman Chamomile, Bergamot and Clary Sage in the ratio 2:1:1.
- Use the diffuser at least 30 minutes before going to bed.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.