Botanical Name: Matricaria chamomilla
Extraction Method: Steam Distilled
Plant Part: Flowers
Aroma: Sweet, fruity, herbaceous
Note: Medium Middle
Color: Blue to bluish-green
Description: Chamomile plant belongs to the daisy family, growing to 90-125 cm high with very hairy leaves and tubular yellow flowers, surrounded by white ligulets.
Blends Well With: Bergamot, Clary Sage, Lavender, Geranium, Jasmine, Neroli, Patchouli, Tea Tree, Rose, Lemon and Ylang-ylang
History: The word 'chamomile' comes from ancient Greek 'Chamomaela' which means ground apple. In the ancient times of Egypt it's commonly used as a preservative for deceased bodies. In Spain it has long been used as flavoring.
Use Safely: Generally safe to use. Simply follow instructions to dilute. The International Federation of Aromatherapists does not recommend that Essential Oils be taken internally unless under the supervision of a Medical Doctor who is also qualified in clinical Aromatherapy.
STORAGE LIFE: Up to four (4) years
Euro Dropper Cap: included for your convenience included for your convenience
- Good for dry skin conditions.
- It's an effective natural anaesthetic
- A good antioxidant
- It has anti-inflammatory properties
- Gives a feeling of relaxation.
Stimulant, Antidepressant, Disinfectant, Anti-inflammatory, Sedative
DIY Baby Wipes: Serves 1 roll
- 1⅔ cups purified or distilled water
- 2 tablespoons pure aloe vera
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 8 drops Chamomile essential oil
- 8 drops Lavender essential oil
- 1 tablespoon castile soap - liquid form
- 1 tablespoon Jojoba oil
- Plastic container with a lid that you can cut a hole in or an old wipes container
- 1 roll of heavy duty/non-chlorinated paper towels
- Cut the paper towels in half and place one half in a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
- In another bowl, blend the water and aloe vera.
- Add the castile and apple cider vinegar.
- Next, add the Jojoba oil. Blend well.
- Combine the Lavender and Chamomile. Mix all ingredients well.
- Pour liquid over paper towel roll. Rotate the roll to ensure full coverage.
- Allow it to soak in. Usually 5–8 minutes.
- Place roll in large re-purposed baby wipe container.
- Use, as needed, to clean baby.