Ravensara Essential Oil not only supports the immune system during times of seasonal illness, but also has great benefits for mental well-being as it promotes self confidence and has a calming effect.
- Helps during times of seasonal illness
- Wards off skin eruptions on the lips
- Supports self confidence
- Botanical Name: Ravensara anisata
- Origin: Madagascar
- Extraction Method: Steam distillation
- Plant Part: Bark
- Plant Description: 20 meters tall with several buttress roots at the base, a reddish bark that is very aromatic, and small green elliptical leaves.
- Aroma: Medicinal scent, a camphorous aroma with woody notes
- Note: Top
- Consistency: Thin
- Color: Clear
- Blends Well With: Chamomile, Citronella, Cypress, Eucalyptus, Fir Needle, Ginger, Juniper Berry, Lavender, Rosemary, Tea Tree, Wintergreen
- Main Constituents: Sabinene 9.3%
- Kid Safe: May be used by children 10+
- Pregnancy Safe: Yes, consult doctor
- Breastfeeding Safe: Yes, consult doctor
- Cat Safe: Yes
- Dog Safe: Yes
- Special Dilution Rate: 1% or less
- More Safety Info: Storage life up to seven (7) years. Due to estragole content, may be potentially carcinogenic - do not dilute over 1%.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- 5 ml Amber Glass Bottle
- 15 drops Ravensara Essential Oil
- 20 drops Cajeput Essential Oil
- 15 drops Tea Tree Essential Oil
- 10 drops Frankincense Essential Oil
Mix ingredients in amber glass bottle and shake well. Fill a bowl with steamy water. Add 1-2 drops of oil mixture to the bowl, covering your head and bowl with a towel to keep the steam in. Inhale through your nose, with eyes closed. Breathe in the vapors for several minutes or as desired.
- 4 drops Ravensara Essential Oil
- 1 drop of Rosemary Essential Oil
- 2 drops Geranium Essential Oil
- 1 tbsp of Jojoba Oil
- 1/2 cup Epsom Salts
Mix ingredients together and add to full bath. Rejuvenate for 15-30 minutes.
Mentholated Shower Melts
*Menthol Crystals should not be used by children under 10 years old.
- 1 cup Baking Soda
- ½ cup Citric acid
- 1 ounce Apricot Kernel Oil (or Grapeseed, Camellia Seed)
- 10 drops Ravensara Essential Oil
- 10 drops Eucalyptus Essential Oil
- 1 tbsp and 1 tsp Menthol Crystals
- Witch Hazel (if needed, for spritzing)
- 6 - 2oz. silicone molds
- Combine Baking Soda and Citric Acid in Bowl; set aside.
- Combine Apricot Kernel Oil and 1 tablespoon of Menthol Crystals in a double boiler. Warm them over medium heat and stir until crystals have dissolved.
- Remove from heat and add the essential oils. Stir well.
- Place powder mixture in large bowl. Using a gloved hand or a sturdy utensil, begin to mix the powder continuously as you slowly drizzle the oil mixture over it.
- Mix very well until the consistency of wet sand or snow.
- If the mixture seems dry or does not pack easily, try spritzing it 3 -4 times with Witch Hazel as you continue to mix.
- Place a pinch of the unmelted 1 teaspoon of Menthol Crystals in the bottom of each of your (six) molds,
- Pour mixture into each of your molds, packing down firmly.
- Cover with a small towel and allow them to air-dry for 24 hours.
- Once Melts are totally dry and hardened, remove from mold and wrap each melt tightly with plastic wrap. Store in airtight container.
- To use, simply unwrap one melt and drop it near the drain of the shower. The hot water will immediately begin to release a strong, mentholated aroma as the fizzy tablet melts away.One tablet lasts about 10 minutes.