Botanical Name: Cedrus atlantica
Extraction Method: Steam Distillation
Plant Part: Wood
Aroma: slightly camphoraceous, smoky, sweet woody, scent similar to synthetic mothballs
Consistency: Thin to viscous
Color: Golden yellow to orange or brown
Description: Cedarwood loves cold climate and typically grows at high altitudes - native to the Himalayas, it's an evergreen tree that grows 50 m. tall or more. The trees grow abundantly in northern India, Afghanistan and Pakistan.
Blends Well With: Rosewood, Bergamot, Cypress, Cassia, Jasmine, Juniper, Neroli, Labdanum, Frankincense, Clary Sage, Vetiver, Rosemary, Ylang-ylang
History: The ancient Egyptians prized the oil, mostly for embalming purposes, but also for cosmetics and perfumery, and Solomon's Temple was built with Cedar Wood.
Use Safely: Generally safe to use. Simply follow instructions to dilute. The International Federation of Aromatherapists does not recommend that Essential Oils be taken internally unless under the supervision of a Medical Doctor who is also qualified in clinical Aromatherapy.
Safety: Do not use during pregnancy
STORAGE LIFE: Up to seven (7) years
Euro Dropper Cap: included for your convenience
- Use it in a bath soak to relax sore muscles
- Add to insect repelling sprays, especially for moths
- Add to shampoo to help combat dandruff
- Diffuse to help ease coughs and bronchitis
- Emotionally grounding and great in relaxation blends
Abortifacient, Anti-seborrhoeic, Antispasmodic, Antiseptic, Anti-inflammatory, Balsamic, Diuretic, Emenagogue, Insecticide, Expectorant, Sedative, Stimulant, Fungicide.
DIY Scalp Remedy
- 8 drops Cedarwood essential oil
- 8 drops Rosemary essential oil
- 6 drops Tea Tree essential oil
- 1 tsp local raw honey
- 4 oz olive oil, Almond or Coconut oil
- Blend ingredients well in a glass container.
- Massage into the scalp. Leave on for at least 20 minutes.
- For severe conditions, try leaving it overnight.
- Shampoo well to remove.
Woodsy Essential Oil Diffuser Recipe: Feeling like a walk in the woods, but stuck at home? Try this instead:
- 3 drops Frankincense essential oil
- 2 drops White Fir essential oil
- 1 drop Cedarwood essential oil
- Add essential oils to diffuser
- Diffuse in an open room for 30 minutes
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.