There are days I want to be all fancy but not too fancy that I can’t recognize myself anymore. I’ve always been into subtle looks - even during my wedding! I want to look like myself and recognize myself in photos even years after. I used to buy makeup from big brands and when I checked what were in them, they weren’t the safest things to apply directly to my skin!
Some products test positive for lead content and other harmful chemicals. Others also rumored to test on animals. No way am I going to support that! I love little bunnies and puppies too much. The good companies charge way too much and definitely out of my budget. So I thought to myself, why not make my own cheek tint? That way I know what’s in it and won’t be afraid to apply it on myself or even my daughter!
Here’s what you need:
Here’s how to do it:
- In a small double boiler or jar resting in 2 inches of water melt coconut oil at a low temperature.
- Once it’s melted stir in almond oil, cranberry powder, and alkanet root powder. Let mixture stand in a heated bath for 1 hour to infuse the oil.
- Remove from heat and strain through a cheesecloth or fine mesh sieve. Do not push powder through as this will make your cheek tint grainy.
- Add beeswax. At this point, the mixture should still be warm enough to melt, if not, gently heat it until beeswax melts. Pour into tin.
- Let mixture cool, stirring occasionally to keep color evenly blended.
- To use, apply to cheeks as needed for a subtle tint, you can use it on your lips as well!
Don’t push the mixture to the sieve. It becomes too grainy! Don’t use fractionated coconut oil for this too as it won’t get creamy enough!
Why we love it:
- It smells good! The Beauty Within Essential Oil Blend is a must-have for those who are into skincare.
- I can choose the color I want. I can make it a bit peachy or pinker.
- I don’t need to worry what harmful chemicals are in it.